The perfect combo and the most delicious cosy soup for Autumn. This will fill you up, give your body a nutritional boost and is like a much needed hug in a mug.
Serves 4 but make extra and it is great for freezing too.
2 corn on the cob ears
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 white onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 large squash, chopped
500ml veggie stock
Juice 1/2 lemon
1) parsley and chopped green olives
2) pumpkin seeds, parsley and chilli flakes
1. Heat the oil and cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika and some salt and pepper to taste. Cook another minute.
2. Add the squash and use a knife to chop the corn off into the pan and stir.
3. Pour over the stock and squeeze in the lemon and simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Blend until smooth and serve with your chosen toppings. Delicious with buttery toast too… if you’re that way inclined 🙂
Taken from Madeleine Shaw – A Year of Beautiful Eating xxx